Beloved in Christ,
Greetings from staff and students of Bear Valley Bible Institute Nigeria & Southwest School of Evangelism, Ibadan and my fellow WBSFUW in Southern part of Nigeria.
Below is the summary of our activities for the month of March 2019:
i) Evangelism in Jago 1 & 2 and Butubutu village- Oyo state and Ikoyi and Ikire-Osun state
ii) Third Semester Classes begins.
iii) 17th Annual Leadership Seminar, a great success.
iv) Agricultural Seminar by Healing Hands International. Kenya
2 . EVANGELISM:
The staff and students of BVBIN & SWSE,Ibadan and fellow WBSFUW in Western States of Nigeria are very busy in evangelizing their community, most especially Jago 1 & 2 and Butubutu village of Ona-Ara Local Government ,Oyo state and Ikoyi and Bale Ayo of Osun state throughout the Saturdays in the month of March 2019 and the Lord crowned our joint effort with a convert in Jago on March 21 and three convers in Bale Ayo in Osun State on March 24,2019.
3. THIRD SEMESTER CLASSES BEGINS:
Our third semester classes begins as scheduled on March 18 and we shall be closing on May 10,2019, Lord’s willing .Our instructors for this semester are Bro.Isaac Olaniyan, Bro.Abiola Joseph Olusoji, Bro. Gbenga Ojo, Bro .Emmanuel Godwin, Bro.Silas Guda , Bro.Kayode Solomon Eniafe, and myself- Bro.Makinde Ebens.
4. 17th ANNUAL LEADERSHIP SEMINAR: This year annual leadership seminar held in our main campus at Doug Wheeler Event Center was attended by over 100 brethren from 13 States of the federation and from over 50 congregations. Over 30,000 of our local tracts and ten gospel booklets from Mission Printing International were freely distributed with 315 Bibles to all the participants..We thank you all for your partnership and support. Most especially we appreciates the financial support from Bro.Steven Ashcraft and associates and that of Bro. Chad Wagner and associates for the fund raised for us to purchased Bibles.
5. AGRIC SEMINAR : The resource person for the one day Agric Seminar, Bro.Ebenezer Udofia of Healing Hands International, Kenya arrived Ibadan city on Thursday evening. The one day Agric Seminar centered on How to raise Poultry and Piggery farm .The seminar started as early as 8.30am and come to an end by 1.30pm. 68 brethren from 13 States and 60 congregations participate in the seminar.
6. ABOUT A STUDENT: Bro. Samson Paul is one of our Year 2 students. Born in the year 2001 at Ibadan. And presently serving as our Campus Minister. His mission is to be one of the competent ministers of God within and outside Nigeria.
7. SPECIAL ACCOMPLISHMENT: With the help of the Almighty God, coupled with the supports of Brother Steven Ashcraft and that of Brother Chad Wagner, we were able to provide a two meal per day from Monday through Wednesday and 3 meals on Thursday and Friday for all the participants in the just concluded 17th Annual Leadership Seminar 2019 at BVBN and SWSE, Ibadan and 315 Bibles freely shared plus 10 carton of Mission Printing International booklets and tracts.
8. OTHER COMMENTS: Lord’s willing, we are starting the BVBN degree programme on April 1 through 12,2019 at our main campus in Butubutu, Ibadan. The first two speakers for April classes are Brother Isaac Olaniyan who will be handling Research Method-1 from April 1-5 and myself, Brother Makinde Ebens who will be teaching Fundamentals of Faith -1 from April 8 through to 12, 2019. Presently, 15 gospel ministers /our graduates across the country have indicated interest in the training.
Also, I taught in Onikokoro-Ibadan congregation on Favouritism Forbidden on March 3, Faith in Action on March 10, Control your Tongue on March 17 and Controlling your passions, lust, and desires.All from the book of James under the theme ,Practical Christianity. Average attendance is 40 with average contribution of N4,000=.
9. CONCLUSION : We thank you all for your partnership and love. May the Lord keep on blessing all our work together in Jesus Christ name (Amen).
Sincerely His & Yours……MAKINDE Ebenezer Olufemi (Director of Studies, BVBIN & SWSE-IBADAN and WBSFUW)