Continue your education with our
Master's of Biblical Studies
The Bear Valley Bible Institute of Denver offers a Master’s of Biblical Studies degree program for preachers and Christian workers in the Lord’s church.
This program was designed with the local preacher in mind. The student can complete the program without leaving their current ministry. The only requirement is to come to the Denver facility for two “blitz weeks” (short courses) of four days each. Currently, there are three blitz weeks available (fall, spring, and summer). The rest of the course work is completed in the current ministry setting.
There are many benefits you will gain from completing the MBS program offered by Bear Valley. Here are a few for your consideration:
• An opportunity to complete a Master’s degree program without having to leave your present ministry.
• Affordable ($750 for the entire program).
• Attain a degree which opens a wide range of opportunities in the Lord’s church.
• Make a positive contribution to your ministry by improving your skills. • Prepare to move to possible doctorate level studies.
• Relevant curriculum designed with the local preacher in mind.
The Master’s of Biblical Studies program is designed with the working minister in mind. Most students cannot afford to quit their good work and come to Denver to study on a full-time basis. In the BVBID program, courses are delivered in a variety of formats. This allows for flexibility as you plan your studies around your weekly schedule.
There are several weeks of on campus courses which offer you an opportunity to come to Denver during your degree program. Each week offers two 3-hour courses, which will require pre-class preparation and post-session completion work. Classes begin on Tuesday and end on Friday, allowing a student to arrive on Monday and leave on Saturday. Thus, a student can come to Denver and earn his Master’s degree without missing a Sunday in his local work.
In-ministry courses are completed in the local ministry setting. These involve reading assignments, reports, ministry projects, evaluations, papers, and other in-service assignments. A student uses what he does.
Students without a Bachelor's Degree in Bible or Ministry
Leveling Coursework for Master's Program
- 6 hours credit will be given for a student taking and completing all coursework required for the Fundamentals course (#4420) at the World Video Bible School (WVBS)*
- Three additional courses (3 hours each) must also be taken at World Video Bible School of the students choosing.
- Submit a completed application to BVBID.
- After acceptance into the program, we will notify you with the proper information concerning your leveling work.