Bear Valley Bible Institute, Tamale – Ghana, in collaboration with the two congregations in Tamale, organized the maiden meeting of women for the three regions in the Northern Sector of Ghana.
This program is one of the dreams of the Institute: empowering women to be self- sufficient in their effort of propagating the gospel and edifying themselves and we are glad that the two congregations in Tamale are championing that course.
The aims for organizing the 3-Day meeting dubbed “Northern Sector Annual Women Fellowship,” which were slated for the 22nd of October, 2015 to the 25th of October, 2015 were to:
•Learn the scripture
•Foster friendship among the women
•Share life experience
•Seek for solutions to marriage/family problems
•Build up the confidence of one another
The theme of the meeting was “Let Us Rise and Build the Church” and the topics which were discussed under the theme were as follows:
- The Role of Women in the Great Commission
- Building through Faithful Christian Living
- Building through Vigorous Defence of the Truth
- Building through Devoted Fasting and Prayers
- Things Destroying Our Marriages
- Supporting the Church Financially
Very experienced women Bible teachers in the various congregations in the Southern Sector of country were invited to handle the topics. These included:
- Mama Salome – Dansoman Church of Christ, Accra
- Mama Kate Ansah – Bethlehem Church Church of Christ. Accra
- Mama Aboagyewaah – Medina Church of Christ, Accra
- Mama Beatrice Asante- Lashebi Church of Christ . Accra
- Mama Margret Appiah Agyei- Oforikrom Church of Christ , Kumasi
- Mama Esther Asante – Nkwakwa Church of Christ, Offinso
The 3-Day Program was attended by (126) one hundred and twenty-six representativeswomen from (39) thirty-nine congregations in the country.
During the worship Brother George Dassah, Preacher – Tamale East Congregation led the Bible Class and discussed the life of Queen Esther. In his concluding remarks, he urged the women to emulate the good Character of Esther.
Brother Baah Joseph Okyere, Preacher – Tamale West Congregation led the Lord’s Supper.
The Guest of Honor was brother Nathaniel Adams, an elder who preached the sermon on the Sunday worship and also presented a talk on the “Importance of Hand Washing” with water and soap.
In his speech he encouraged members to devote theirtime to voluntarily educate their communities because, according to him, the washing of hands helps prevent a number of diseases.
At the end of the meeting, two elderly women were given gifts for their exemplary devotion to women developmental activities in Ghana.
In all, the meeting was very successful and all participants went home with joy and excitement and expressed their willingness to attended next year.
The Organizers also promised the women that, God-willing, they will have a more educative and interesting meeting.
Baah Joseph Okyere