Dear fellow God fearers,
By the time you are reading this, it would be 2012 and a new year, so I want to wish all of you a productive year for the Lord in winning souls for Him! As always, the month of December is a benchmark month for us to look at our previous goals and set new goals for the new year. I want to share with you my top five personal goals that I've shared with the local congregation here and hope that they will start to have personal goals of their own. I think this is a better way to get the congregation involved in growing the Lord's church instead of the local leaders setting goals for the congregation itself. I think we all must have the mentality of putting forth personal efforts and contributing to the Lord's work as the Bible teaches. I encourage you all to develop this mentality to grow the Lord's church in your area. Here are my personal goals for the 2012 year:
1. I will talk to 100 new people that I've never met before and engage in a conversation with them about Jesus Christ and his saving gospel.
2. I will give 50 percent more than what I'm currently giving to God in the weekly contributions as he has prospered me.
3. I will finish translating WVBS's Searching for Truth study guide and posters into the Khmer language by the end of the year.
4. I will take my wife and daughter to a foreign country for our family vacation some time in the year (probably neighboring Vietnam or Laos).
5. I will teach my daughter Katesana to memorize and recite 5 Bible verses (Gen 1:1, Deut 6:5, Matt 4:4, Matt 6:33, and Acts 4:12) by the end of the year. She will be two and a half years old.
I hope you like the new lay out of the website. A new year calls for a new face!. Also, I will begin blogging once a week to keep my blogs from being too long and easier to read as suggested by some of you. Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your comments very much because it tells me that you are reading and are concern about the brethren and work here in Cambodia! May God continue to bless you and your endeavors for Him!
We continue our student body end of the year trip to the beach in Sihinoukville and this time we invited the children and staff of Hannah's Hope along! It was a wonderful and blessed event. We had a wonderful time both physically enjoying God's creation for us (some for the first time in their entire life) and spiritually with our devotional lessons given by the staff of IBISR. Please view the video in the video section for a clip of the children of HH laughter and enjoyment in touching the waters of the ocean for the very first time in their lives!
I've also worked it out to where the children of Hannah's Hope get's one free meal every month from a local restaurant (Tangram Garden) that is owned by a friend of mine who plays basketball with me. God is blessing us with so much. I pray that we can get him to learn God's word and become a Christian real soon.
To see the full report with pictures, click here.