During my recent visit, a meeting was organized to discuss some pertinent issues that concern the welfare of students, staff, preachers and churches in the area. The main item on the agenda was the budget CBS is operating with.
Decisions taken at the meeting
1) Evangelism will be conducted quarterly next year.
2) Open an account for CBS at Ecobank in Kpalime.
3) Write a proposal for fund raising to start animal rearing project as a source of income for CBS and the church.
4) Intensify French WBS activities.
5) Meet with the evangelism committee in Lome to discuss the future of the new preachers.
6) We have formed a disciplinary committee for CBS.
7) We have decided to constitute a board for CBS.
8) Administration committee has been set up.
End of year program
At the meeting, we all agreed to conduct a joint service on the 31st of December 2011. As a tradition, all the congregations in the Kpalime area converge at the Nyiveme Church of Christ to bring the old year to a close and usher in a New one. The service will start about 9:00 pm and end at 12:30 am January 2012. This year we plan to conduct the Sunday worship service followed by breakfast meal. We shall close finally at about 1:30, leave for our various homes not to return for the usual morning service at 9:00 am. We are expecting members from ten congregations and several visitors from the community.