COMPREHENSIVE ANNUAL REPORT FOR THE EXTENSION WORK/MINISTRY THIS YEAR, 2010.
INTRODUCTION: God was great in our work for Him. Your kind support to get many things done cannot be over emphasized. May God be praised for His protection, guidance and provisions throughout the trips. I visited local congregations especially where our graduates minister and the congregations I have worked with before coming to the capital city of Ebonyi state , Nigeria. I also carried out a successful prison ministry.
VISITS/TRIPS MADE: The following congregations/areas were visited:
1. Uburu-Amaeta church on 24/01/10 (Minister - Godwin Offor).
2. Amasiri-Afikpo church on 18/04/10 (Minister - Moses Eluu).
3. Amaeta-Ozizza church on 20/06/10 and severally (Minister - Eno Ikpi, but has left).
4. Nkaliki church on 16/05/10 ( Minister - Paul Okpara).
5. Ntankpo church, Cross River State on 1/08/10 (Minister - Emmanuel Usani).
6. Ngodo/Amachi- Afikpo church on 17/10/10 (No Minister, but now has Boniface Chris as her Minister).
7. Ndeguzu, Ikwo church with Douglas Wheeler on 31/01/10 (Edward Nwoba).
8. Ugbougwu, Enugu church on 21/03/10 (Minister - Tochukwu Obiekwe).
9. Igboagu Church on 9/05/10 (Minister - Emmanuel Okafor).
10. Afikpo Prison on 17/10/10 and severally.
11. Ozizza-Afikpo church on 17/12/10 (Minister - Mike Utom).
MINISTERIAL STUDENTS WERE INVOLVED IN SOME OF THE VISITS ESPECIALLY THE PRISON MINISTRY.
12. OTHERS: I attended the National Preachers’ conference at Abuja on 6th November 2010; I attended the annual WBS organized by Doug Wheeler at Ibadan (early February 2010); I attended many lectureships/ Seminars and burial/marriage ceremonies and served a resourced person between November and December 2010.
RESULTS OF THE TRIPS/ VISITS:
1. Adequate edifications in all the congregations visited.
2. Proper guidance and teachings on leadership problems.
3. One baptism from Enugu; One baptism from Ngodo-Afikpo; 14 baptisms from Ikwo-Ndeguzu, 16 baptisms from Afikpo Prison and about 15 baptisms from CSMT campus church.
MAKING A TOTAL OF 47 BAPTISMS THIS YEAR, 2010.
4. One of the converted prison inmates was released by the ministry as the condition for such release was financially affordable.
5. The released convert (bro. Emeka Ogba) has been under training and orientations in CSMT till date.
6. Successful leadership seminars were carried out in different congregations as visited.
1. I was proud of many of our ministerial graduates such as Toochukwu Obiekwe, Paul Okpara, Emmanuel Okafor to mention but a few among the ones I visited.
2. All of them working were struggling with little or no financial support.
3. We had enough tracts and a few Bibles for the new converts. Bibles are finished.
4. Most problems come from leadership, hence, there is much need for better organized leadership seminars in the local congregations.
5. Benevolent works, especially on the widows, are highly needed in the local congregations.
1. Any form of financial support to the Preachers of the local congregations will be a great measure of moving the missionary trips and the gospel forward.
2. A congregation like Amaeta Church needs financial helps to erect her worship hall. This congregation is located inland. Bro. Douglas Wheeler, Chad Wagner, Aaron Coleman and Keith Karsarjian once visited the church. Nobody has ever visited the church and did not wonder how this church and the entire community survive in relating with people in the town. Any financial assistance to help them own the land given to them by the community will be heavily blessed.
3. We need Bibles for new converts. We also need communion cups and trays for the local congregations.
4. I need your prayers for my wife. My wife is pregnant and needs our prayers for safe delivery. Expecting date is between now and February,2011.
5. I need your prayers for good health. The work is stressful and demanding.
6. We need to organize better leadership seminars in the local congregations and even the congregations in the town.
1. Efforts made by your supports through the grace of God were heavily blessed as you can see above.
2. Next year is expected to be better and prosperous by His grace.
3. Your prayers are highly needed as the work is demanding and stressful especially in reaching the local congregations and her problems.
4. Mission Printing Inc, USA shall be shipping in a container of tracts to CSMT in February 2011, God willing.
REUBEN IN HIS SERVICE.